North Korea closed the channels of communication with South Korea because of “propaganda”
The DPRK c afternoon 9 June cut off all communication lines with South Korea. A statement of the Central Telegraph Agency of Korea, referred to by Reuters.
It is reported that North Korea closed the inter-Korean liaison office and the special channel is between the military and the country’s leadership. This decision was taken because of failure to comply to stop the South Korean propaganda.
“We came to the conclusion that we no longer need to communicate with the authorities of South Korea face to face and we have nothing to discuss with them, as they only cause us trouble,” – said in the message. After the announcement of the shutdown of the communication channels, the South Korean military and government members tried to contact the representatives of the DPRK, but they did not respond to calls. This was the first time in 2018.
According to the Agency, the KCNA, June 8 at the General meeting of departments responsible for work on the South Korean direction, the Deputy Chairman of the Central Committee of the workers ‘ party of Korea, Kim Yong Chol, first Deputy head of the Department of the Central Committee of the WPK Kim Jeong stressed the need for “consistent turn South Korean Affairs in Affairs with the enemy”. As a first step, was instructed to completely stop communicating on all channels, including military and special the line between the top leadership of the two countries. On 5 June, North Korea announced its intention to suspend the work of the joint liaison office of the North and South in response to the launching of balloons with leaflets criticizing the country’s leadership.
On 7 and 8 June, the North Korean students from all over the country held demonstrations condemning the actions of North Korean defectors and South Korean authorities. As reported by KCNA, referred to by RIA “Novosti”, the stock was attended by students of Pyongyang, the students of the North-Western provinces of Hwanghae and Chagan, who “could not keep the outrage from the fact” that the defectors had made a “rash act with the tacit approval of South Korean authorities,” and students from the border cities of Kaesong and Rason “with the outbreak of wrath on enemies who dare to hurt us”.
Published by the Agency pictures of the students carried banners calling to end the “traitors of the nation” and signs with slogans such as “Ready to defend with life” and “just Give the order.”
Previously a large rally was also held working in Kaesong, his indignation at the actions of North Korean defectors and South Korean authorities were expressed in an interview with the Agency and employees of large metallurgical enterprises in the city of Nampho.
Experts note that the fact that the infiltration of propaganda materials have always been northerners severe irritation and severe reaction. Now, when the President of the Republic of Korea moon Jae-In won the parliamentary elections and he does not interfere to pursue a peaceful policy towards Pyongyang, the return to the practice of forwarding promotional materials expected caused a strong reaction of the DPRK.
“There is the fact: on the one hand, to talk about friendship and the commitment to strengthen the friendly relations and at the same time allow such openly anti-North Korean actions – this is a direct contradiction. Naturally, this causes erosion of trust in the sincerity of the President’s moon Jae-In from the side of northerners,” – said the head of Department of Korea and Mongolia of Institute of Oriental studies, associate Professor of the Department of Oriental studies of MGIMO Alexander Vorontsov, in an interview with RIA “Novosti”. According to him, we are serious about the severance of relations does not go, however, it is important to prevent escalation of tension.