Marcos Antonio. Photo: shakhtar.com
Midfielder Marcos Antonio shared his impressions about the debut release in the starting lineup of Shakhtar’s first goal for the club and victory over the “Dnepr-1”.
– Marcos you first entered the field in the opening minutes. How does it feel?
I was very happy this opportunity because worked very hard for it! Came well tuned and focused, knew it would be a difficult game.
I think that was a good match, and most importantly, we achieved victory. It is important to continue to work to always help the team.
– Who scored the second goal – Solomon or you?
Well, actually I do. Solomon shot but the ball hit my head and into the net. Seems recorded on me. Of course, a goal unexpected, but it happened – and this needs to rejoice! My first ball as a Pro, first in the Shakhtar shirt – this is an important point. I dedicate it to my family who always supports me and helps. A goal for my family.
– “Dnepr-1” – the leader of the First League. What about the enemy?
– Good team, played and organized shows on the field. I can only congratulate them on today’s match.
– “Shakhtar” decided at the last minute. What prevented to do it before?
– We did good today, but the opponents were very compact, closed up in defense. However, we eventually managed to score two goals. The main thing – to continue in the same spirit. Congratulations to the team on victory!
– In the final, will play with another representative of the First League – “Ingulets”. As a serious enemy?
– Honestly, don’t know this club. But judging by what I heard that they made it to the finals, I would say that this is certainly a worthy contender. Ahead of the final!