The fire in the camp in Odessa: the alarm system was off – SSESUncategorized September 16, 2017
Sound-light fire alarms in a children’s camp Victoria during a fire the evening of 15 September was off. About it reported in management of gschs in Odessa region, reports the Duma.
During the inspection on June 23 of this year, firefighters also discovered a disabled alarm. Camp broke the agreement with the company Ukragrozapchast, which was served by a sprinkler system. Then responsible persons were fined and an order to eliminate violations.
“In 2016, the camp was purchased, installed and commissioned a modern fire alarm, but then she deliberately brought to idle state”, – said the Deputy chief of management of gschs in Odessa region Mikhail Volkov.
In the summer of 2016 for the reconstruction of the Victoria children’s camp in Odessa has allocated UAH 22.2 million and 11 million UAH of additional work. In the list of works means the installation of fire systems.
Previously, not the fire alarm went off and kids woke up to the smell of smoke. The cause of the fire could be faulty wiring.