North Korea launched the rocket was not an Intercontinental, a test which in his new year speech threatened to hold the head of the country Kim Jong-UN. The current test was the launch of medium-range missiles, and he was unsuccessful, declared in the United States. It happened during the visit of Prime Minister of Japan Shinzo Abe to Florida. At a joint press conference with US President Donald trump Abe condemned the launch, and trump promised main ally in the volatile region full support. The White house has said it will adopt some measures that will not lead to increased tension on the Korean Peninsula.
The launch was the first for the last four months and the first that we will have to react to the new us administration headed by trump, Reuters reports.
South Korean military said that a ballistic missile, the DPRK launched Sunday early morning, covered a distance of 500 km. In Japan, the range was estimated at 350 km. the Launch was carried out in the sea of Japan, the rocket has not reached the exclusive economic zone of Japan. US strategic command in a statement said that the launch of North Korean missiles did not threaten the security of the United States. According to us military, the missile was medium-range. The Agency AR with reference to the South Korean experts suggested that was commissioned by missiles of the type Musudan or similar. His goal – test engines, which can then be mounted on an Intercontinental ballistic missile.
Located in Florida, Prime Minister of Japan Shinzo Abe in a brief statement said that this missile launch is a violation of the relevant UN security Council resolutions banning North Korea’s use of ballistic technologies. Trump the start did not comment, but said: “I would like to understand and know that the United States of America 100% stand on Japan’s side, his great ally”.
The Minister of defense of South Korea Kim Kwan Jin on the phone discussed with the Advisor to the President for national security Michael Flynn questions relating to the rocket launch. Hand, as reported by the press service of the President of South Korea, “strongly condemned” the launch and agreed to use all opportunities to prevent further provocations by the DPRK.
According to Japanese media reports, the Ministry of defense of Japan also monitoring the situation around the missile start, “leads the collection and analysis of information”, as stated by defense Minister Tomomi Inada. Tokyo has collected an emergency meeting of the national security Council in connection with the launch of the rocket, the situation was discussed by the special representatives of the three countries: the U.S., Japan and South Korea.
Probable new sanctions
Last year, the DPRK made numerous rocket launches and also carried out two nuclear tests. And recent explosion in November 2016, has become the most powerful in the history of the testing of nuclear weapons, the DPRK, reminds TASS. In response, the UN security Council strengthened the sanctions. In Pyongyang such resolutions do not recognize, arguing that the country has every right to strengthen the defense capability amid the hostile policy of Washington.
Shinzo Abe said that after the test hoping for a serious response from the security Council.