The withdrawal of Britain from Espeletia for the abolition of Brexit scored more than 816 thousand votesPhoto: 123RF.com
The UK Parliament should consider whether to submit the petition to the debate
Petition of citizens of great Britain for the abolition of Brexit as of Thursday scored more than 816,000 thousand votes. It is reported by the Mail Online.
“The British government has repeatedly stated that leaving the EU is the will of the people. We need to repel this statement, showing how much the people support the UK remaining in the EU”, –said in comments to the petition.
Parliament will now have to consider whether to submit the petition to the debate, as it has gained more than 100 thousand votes.
- See ALSO: Killed at Westminster. London stood between deferred Brexit and chaos
CONTINUED AFTER ADVERTISEMENT
The British foreign Secretary Jeremy hunt on this occasion said that to stop the effect of article 50 of the Lisbon Treaty, regulating the process of withdrawal from the EU, perhaps, but it is “very unlikely.”
The petition was made by a former University lecturer Margaret Ann Georgiadou.
“I, like all who support the UK remaining in the EU, very tired of the fact that we were forced to remain silent and ignored,” she told the BBC.
As previously reported by the Focus:
- On 12 March the Parliament of great Britain for the second time failed to vote for the agreement about withdrawal from the EU.
- Also, the British Parliament decided that leaving the EU without a deal. And in the end decided that a new referendum on Brexit the UK is not needed.
- On March 14, the House of Commons of the UK Parliament has voted to delay Brexit.
- Also, the Council of the European Union legally covered in case of a “hard” Brexit.
- 20 March, Prime Minister Theresa may has asked the EU to postpone Brexit on June 30, but the Commission rejected this proposal.