Incident Moraes: FIFA made a statementPhoto: ffu.ua
The FIFA disciplinary Committee did not conduct an investigation regarding the alleged illegal obtaining Brazilian citizenship of Ukraine
On a formal appeal to the Sport-Express, the international football Federation (FIFA) has given its comment on the rumors about the technical defeats of the national team of Ukraine in the opening match of UEFA Euro 2020 due to the participation in duels striker Junior Moraes.
The commentary says that the disciplinary Committee did not conduct an investigation regarding the alleged illegal obtaining Brazilian football the citizenship of Ukraine.
- See ALSO: New Ukrainian. Not a good life in our national team there were the Brazilian Junior Moraes from Shakhtar
CONTINUED AFTER ADVERTISEMENT
“At the time of response to your request no contact no contact on the subject mentioned in your letter,” replied to FIFA.
As previously reported by the Focus:
- Striker Shakhtar Donetsk Junior Moraes officially became Ukrainian. The corresponding decree was signed by the President of Ukraine Petro Poroshenko.
- The Brazilian was immediately called to the national team in football and he has managed to play in the matches of the qualifying round of Euro 2020 matches against Portugal and Luxembourg.
- Portuguese newspaper Mais Futebol reported that Junior Moraes may have violated article 7 of the FIFA statutes, having played for the Ukraine national team after receiving citizenship, which provides that before the inclusion in the national team, the player has five years continuously to live in the country.
- The Luxembourg football Federation after the national team games against Ukraine filed a complaint to UEFA due to the match recently naturalized Brazilian Junior Moraes.
- In FFU said that the Ukrainian side did not violate the Charter of FIFA during the procedure of naturalization Junior Moraes.