Convicted for the fatal accident Kharkov again drunk drivingUncategorized October 24, 2017
Kharkiv local Prosecutor’s office No. 5 announced the suspected 46-year-old Kharkiv citizen, previously convicted for committing a fatal accident, as he was arrested for drunk driving. Reports a press about it-service of Prosecutor’s office of Kharkiv region.
The Prosecutor said that the suspect in may 2008, was driving a car Mitsubishi L-200 in the state of alcoholic intoxication, drove into the tram stop on the street Poltavsky Shlyakh in Kharkiv knocked down the citizens. As a result dorozhno-transport incident six persons were killed, among whom were two children and a pregnant woman. For this, the court put him to 10 years in prison with an additional deprivation of the right to operate vehicles for three years.
“Freed in September 2015 ahead of schedule from imprisonment places, the suspect on the path of correction did not. In violation of a court sentence constraints in the form of prohibition of driving, despite confiscated his driving licence, got behind the wheel. In this re was in a state of intoxication,” – said the first Deputy head of the local Prosecutor Andrey Kravchenko.
The man is threatened by punishment in the form of imprisonment for the unserved part of the previous sentence (two years and seven months) and one year in prison for a new crime.